photo by Ben Davis.
Leading up to our SXSW showcase last year I had a slew of emails from friends asking if there was any room for a band to play our show (there 100% wasn’t, at all). I listened and liked it and caved and decided to squeeze them on the bill opening the show. That band was New Orleans’ Donovan Wolfington. They were awesome and by far the nicest, most courteous people I’d come across in awhile. That day stuck with us and when we heard their new material it was a no-brainer to try and work together on releasing it.
So today we’re excited to announce that we’ll be releasing a new EP from the band, Scary Stories You Tell In the Dark, later this spring. Noisey has the premiere of their new track “Keef Ripper” today, saying:
"fuck[ed] us up. In a good way. It’s a scattered mix of about a dozen genres rolled into one. Some parts party punk, other parts post-hardcore, even a little 90s alterna-rock and grunge mixed in. We dug it."
Donovan Wolfington will also be doing a short tour with Pope and Dowsing on the way back from SXSW. Dates and info for that are below:
poster by Danny Rutledge.
- 3/12/2014 - SXSW - Topshelf Records Party
- 3/13/2014 - SXSW - Topshelf Records Showcase
- 3/14/2014 - SXSW
- 3/15/2014 - SXSW
- 4/11/2014 - Birmingham, Al @ The Forge
- 4/12/2014 - Nashville, TN @ Neuhau5
- 4/13/2014 - Chicago, IL @ Township
- 4/14/2014 - Grand Rapids, MI @ The House of Pancakes
- 4/15/2014 - Pittsburgh, PA @ The Mr. Roboto Project
- 4/16/2014 - Philadelphia, PA @ Gold Tea House
- 4/17/2014 - Brooklyn @ Death By Audio
- 4/18/2013 - Baltimore, MD @ Charm City Art Space
- 4/19/2014 - Richmond, VA @ House Address
Details on the release of the new EP will be available soon — for now, though, be sure to check out their last record Stop Breathing which Broken World Media and Community Records previously released and follow them on Facebook.