Starting June 1, we’re gonna need some new help so we’re looking for summer interns now. Not just any interns, you guys. Good ones! That are reliable, focused, and have some goals — stuff like that. Let us help you help us to help you while you help us, k?
Position 1: Mail order help. We’re looking for someone who has a good feel for us and the bands we work with to help out with packaging, shipping, organizing & assembling inventory, site updates, email, general mail order, data entry, etc. You’re able to make it to our office 2-4 times every week. We’d also like you to come help out on the following dates of the Vans Warped Tour with us:
- July 11 - Boston, MA @ Comcast Center
- July 12 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center
- July 13 - New York, NY @ Nassau Memorial Coliseum
- July 14 - Hartford, CT @ The Comcast Theatre
- July 16 - Scranton, PA @ Toyota Pavilion
Also, people from all over ask about relocating to the Boston area to work with us and every time we’ve ever agreed to it, it always ends up a mess (though well-intentioned). So we’d prefer to only field applications from people already living in the area this summer. Thanks for understanding!
So, with that said, Mandatory: You live in or around (or can reliably get to) Peabody, MA — specifically this location (our office):
To apply, please email info at topshelfrecords dot com with the subject “TOPSHELF MAILORDER INTERN” — if you don’t include that in the subject I won’t look at it! Please include a little about yourself and any relevant experience you may have.
Position 2: Graphic Designer. You are now entering a chump-free zone. You downloaded CS6 and just learned how to use ~filters~ and don’t know what kerning means and don’t have an understanding of basic design principles? Please move right along. I’m not a teacher. What I am is someone who can help you get your feet wet with designing for print and web, working with real-life deadlines and constraints, gaining understanding and perspective for the role design plays within our niche of the music industry and prodding you to get good results out of a skill set you know you’ve already started to hone. If you think you have some chops, please read on.
We’re looking for someone who has a good feel for us and the bands we work with to help in designing adverts (print & web), merchandise, promotional items, album packaging, web layouts, etc. Here are a few examples of work previous design interns have done.
Mandatory: You live in or around (or can reliably get to) our office in Peabody, MA (see position 1) or my studio in Boston, MA 2-4 times a week:
To apply, please email info at topshelfrecords dot com with the subject “TOPSHELF DESIGN INTERN” — if you don’t include that in the subject I won’t look at it! Please include a little about yourself, any relevant experience you may have and a link to your work / portfolio. You’ll need your own laptop because we don’t have an extra machine for you. Bonus points for HTML / CSS / JS knowledge.
Position 3: Videographer. We’re trying to get weird here. I’ll be honest, I don’t know a lot about video. I know what looks good to me and what looks natural to me; not forced or contrived. I can appreciate good work and hopefully you’re capable of producing it.
We’re looking for someone who has a good feel for us and the bands we work with to help create high quality video content. You should be very, very available for this position. Able to get in a van and document a tour for a couple days, able to make it out to shows around the area, able to work with our bands when they come through the area and work closely with us to create some great stuff. Speaking of the area, you should be able to make it to the location(s) listed above 2-4 times a week.
To apply, please email info at topshelfrecords dot com with the subject “TOPSHELF VIDEO INTERN” — if you don’t include that in the subject I won’t look at it! Please include a little about yourself, any relevant experience you may have and a link to your work.
I should also note that we can accomodate college credit or co-op for any of the aforementioned positions; just mention that it’s something you’d like to pursue.
Lastly, don’t worry about being overly formal or uptight or whatever. We’re just some hangin’ out dudes that like weird stuff and somehow this is our job. We have fun with it and want you to as well.
- steph0hsaurus likes this
- circular-story likes this
- disco-dancer-donna likes this
- heybrittanyyy reblogged this from topshelfrecords
- shannahxo likes this
- wearethekidsblog reblogged this from topshelfrecords and added:
- xsoso reblogged this from topshelfrecords
- yesbear likes this
- 21st-deadrats likes this
- topshelfrecords likes this
- earthtojanna likes this
- throughbeing-cool likes this
- herbienay likes this
- close-your-eyes-and-run likes this
- crow-quilled-threnody likes this
- youalwaysknewmelastweek reblogged this from zacsuskevich
- theskunkcatcher likes this
- wastedlifelessons likes this
- marcusroyceandhisblog likes this
- 0100101110100011100100100 likes this
- awkwardlylonglimbs reblogged this from topshelfrecords and added:
- awkwardlylonglimbs likes this
- zacsuskevich reblogged this from topshelfrecords and added:
- marmedman likes this
- fucktumblrcunts likes this
- cait-ohall likes this
- likeworriedfire likes this
- false-catharsis likes this
- tofudogs likes this
- drowninginadigitalsea likes this
- thistlycorneroftheforest likes this
- xvertigo likes this
- natty-no reblogged this from topshelfrecords and added:
- topshelfrecords posted this